|‘He was…successful…because he obeyed the LORD.’
2 Chronicles 31:21 CEV
|Here are seven scriptural steps to success in life:
1) Put God first. He wants you to succeed; what good parent wouldn’t? So work on your relationship with Him. ‘Acquaint now thyself with him…thereby good shall come unto thee’ (Job 22:21 KJV).
2) Help others to become successful. ‘Whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord’ (Ephesians 6:8 KJV). Don’t just be interested in yourself, become interested in others too.
3) Create a climate of confidence around you. As long as you keep speaking words of doubt, you’ll never experience victory. Remind yourself that your ‘sufficiency is of God’ (2 Corinthians 3:5 KJV).
4) Stay informed. ‘A wise man will hear and increase in learning’ (Proverbs 1:5 NASB). Observe, read, and grow. If you’re willing to pay money for a good meal but not for a good book, perhaps you value your appetite more than your intellect.
5) Visualise yourself attaining your goal. Think and talk in success pictures. Moses did that: ‘He had his eye on the One no eye can see, and kept right on going’ (Hebrews 11:27 MSG).
6) Write down your plan and establish deadlines. Make a detailed list of required activities, and set checkpoints. Guard your mind and prioritise your time. ‘Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get’ (Ephesians 5:16 MSG).
7) Set a realistic goal. And work towards it one priority at a time. Many things in life fail for one reason – broken focus. So avoid distractions: ‘A double minded man is unstable’ (James 1:8 KJV). If you do these seven things, you’ll succeed in life.
Word for Today